Sunday, March 14, 2010

Have Cadbury Eggs Gotten Smaller? Or have my hands just gotten bigger? - An investigation -










So I have been craving a Cadbury egg since the other night when we were chillin in the D and we started talking about chocolate and I somehow said I wanted a Cadbury Egg. Today while shopping at Giant Market with my aunt, I bought a box of 4. I was a little confused when I get them out of the box later. Why did they look so small? I knew I did not buy the mini ones. I asked my mom if the egg had gotten smaller, or if it was simply my hands have gotten bigger. She was not totally sure but agreed she remembered them as the size of a real large egg.



A google search then happened.
"When first introduced in Britain, the original Cadbury Creme Egg weighed 40 grams (1.4 oz) and contained 171.6 calories.[1] Cadbury Creme Eggs sold in the UK and Canada have remained at this size, but those sold by Hershey's in the United States have decreased in size since their introduction - before 2006 they are listed with a weight of 39 grams,[2] while today they are listed at 34 grams. During an interview on the April 4th, 2007 episode of Late Night with Conan O' Brien, actor B. J. Novak drew attention to the fact that American market Cadbury Creme Eggs have decreased in size from previous years, despite the claim on the Cadbury's website FAQ that the eggs were not getting smaller, but rather, "you've just grown up!"[1] The site has since been updated to clarify that only American eggs have altered in size.[1] Cadbury UK has confirmed that there are no plans to make UK Creme Eggs any smaller.[3]" -Wikipedia Needless to say, I immediately opened a can of Sprite and poured it in honor of the old sized eggs. It was a very cold night in the D.

Making the American ones smaller than the ones in the UK? Yet Americans are supposedly the Fat ones who super size everything? WTF.

Since the UK was mentioned I must say something about "Skins" Series 4 episode 7.

I loved skins. I have seen every episode since Series 1 Episode 1 and I have remained such a loyal viewer. The first two series were brilliant! - of course the loose end of Cassie and Sid was never tied together. Series two ended with Effy laying in Tony's bed breaking the 4th wall and smiling and looking at the camera...it was a pretty cool ending and appropriate as in Series three she is the only character to return.


Above photo is the series 3/4 cast minus JJ and Thomas.

The other night the show went from brilliant to disturbing. The show is of course no stranger to death...but they again killed off a main character before the last episode...and they literally killed him off - he was brutally beaten with a baseball bat, which they don't show...all you hear is the struggle and see his blood get spattered on a window. WHY SKINS? WHY? DO YOU LIKE DEPRESSING YOUR VIEWERS!? I won't fully understand why this happened until the Series Finale this Thursday (10:00pm UK Time on e4) If you want to find it state side you can usually find it on youtube or elsewhere on the web. (If you are going to get into Skins you need to watch it from Series 1 Episode 1 and on, or you are missing crucial things...especially how superior the first generation was)

I also poured some Sprite for those lost on Skins, including Chris from series 1/2.

It got so cold in the D that I put on a coat.

The Following song was in the above mentioned episode when Effy and Cook are dancing at some party on a roof top, love the song(although it is nothing like the music we listen to in the D), it is totally different than anything I have ever heard and I am rocking out to it at the moment:




Lastly, we have been getting a lot of e-mails stating that people think QuitaAnita is really T-baby, and she is just using this blog to promote herself. Quita assures everyong this is 100% Not true.....or is it? I'm not sure what to make of the following photos submitted by an anonymous source.



-G. Rus

No comments:

Post a Comment